Break Stream & disconnecting when use freeradius authentication.

Robin freeradius at itpm.net
Sun Dec 12 08:04:58 CET 2010

Hi Friends,

I find a strange issue.

When I only use Mikrotik RouterOS as PPPoE server to authenticate my DSL
users, all is ok. But when I add FreeRaiuds as radius server and RouterOS as
pppoe server, I find some users of using p2p video on demand will break
stream of lost connection. At the time, user has to disconnect the DSL link
manually and re-dial to network. When user log in again, about 1-2 minutes,
user will break stream of lost connection again.

P.S. If user uses download software, the issue will not appear.

Is it because I don’t set Freeradius correctly?

Thank you.

Robin Lu