SQL modul

Norman Diamond n0diamond at yahoo.co.jp
Wed Dec 22 04:08:42 CET 2010

Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 9:07 AM, Norman Diamond
> wrote:
>>
>> radiusd -XC can't load the module for SQL.
>> What else changed?  Why did it break?  And most
>> importantly, how can I fix it?
>
> What does the debug log show?

OK, I ran radiusd -XXXC and it's the same.  Output
lines now have the word Debug in them but the
contents are the same.  It successfully links to
rlm_realm and configures that, as used by
inner-tunnel.  (If I unconfigure sql in inner-tunnel
then the last successful operation comes somewhat
later in default.)  Immediately after that success,
it says:  Failed to load module "sql".
It does not give any additional information about
what part of the load operation failed.

> Does it complain about missing library
> or incorrect configuration?

Not that I can see.

> Do you have the relevant freeradius-mysql (or
> whatever the name is on your distro) installed?

As mentioned, a bunch of files are the same except
for updated versions in the filnames:
/usr/lib/freeradius/rlm_sql-2.1.9.so
/usr/lib/freeradius/rlm_sql.so (symbolic link)
/usr/lib/freeradius/rlm_sql_mysql-2.1.9.so
/usr/lib/freeradius/rlm_sql_mysql.so (symbolic link)
etc.
These are in Suse's RPM freeradius-server.
(Other RPMs also have names freeradius-server-* and
I installed all of them.)