Allowing user from one realm but not another

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Feb 15 09:15:10 CET 2010

Jeff A wrote:
> I am using cistron compat to accommodate my userfile inputted by rodopi

  I'd really suggest using the FreeRADIUS features.  Ask rodopi to fix
their product.

> I have tried adding the ! and : symbol in the above line (makes no
> difference)

  Uh... "I tried random things and they didn't work".

  That's not the way to solve the problem.  See "man users" for
*documentation* on how it works.

> Also have tried the realm item as a check item, quote, and no options with
> same results
> If a check item its placed on same line as username etc but still no go as
> below example
>
> dialuptest	Password = "secret"	Realm = "foo.net", Auth-Type =
> Reject

  That is wrong on a number of points.

  I think you're really not clear on how the "users" file works.  Read
the documentation for it, and then go back and read my earlier message.
 The line above does NOT match my message.  Therefore, it's wrong.