EAP-TTLS configuration with PAP inner

Colin Byelong c.byelong at ucl.ac.uk
Tue Feb 23 09:33:47 CET 2010

Hi,

Apologies if this has been asked before.

I am trying to configure freeradius to replicate our current radius
server, there are a couple of things that im not clear about.

We tend to use a anonymous at realm identity for the EAP outer ID, in our
current radius server this is defined in a users file and has the format
of anonymous Encrypted-Password=nevermatch is there a similar thing in
freeradius and where should this be defined ?

In the eap.conf file under the ttls section it asks for "
default_eap_type = tls" if I am using a pap password for the inner that
comes from a ldap server should I comment this section out ? Or will the
server ignore it ?

Thanks

Colin

Colin Byelong                             Email: C.Byelong at ucl.ac.uk
Senior Network Development Officer
Network Group
Information Systems Division
University College London
Gower Street                              Phone: 020 7679-2572
London WC1E 6BT