modules instantiation

Latha Krishnamurthi latha_vgopal at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 23 20:53:41 CET 2010

This is very clear.Thanks.

--- On Mon, 2/22/10, Doug Hardie <bc979 at lafn.org> wrote:

From: Doug Hardie <bc979 at lafn.org>
Subject: Re: modules instantiation
Date: Monday, February 22, 2010, 10:56 PM

I tried to correct the wiki's description but was not able to do so.  I can log in fine and it says I can edit the file.  However, after making the changes save just gives a blank screen and the changes never appear in the text.

In the modules2 file change:

The xxx_instantiate module is called each time a new instance is started. Generally this module is used to establish the data for the instance that needs to be retained during the life of the instance. For example, reading the configuration variables. cf_section_parse(conf, data, module_config) is used to do this function.

to:

The xxx_instantiate module is called each time a new instance is started during the initial configuration process.  Generally this module is used to establish the data for the instance that needs to be retained during the life of the instance.  For example, reading the configuration variables.  cf_section_parse(conf, data, module_config) is used to do this function.  Note that the instantiate module is not called each time a new instantiation of the module is started during run time.  The data established during the instantiate module is available to all instantiations during run time.   If you need to store data that is associated with a particulare *request*, and is valid only for the lifetime of a request, see request_data_add(), and request_data_get().
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html