ntlm_auth and Server 2008 R2 issues

Walter Gould gouldwp at auburn.edu
Fri Feb 26 16:24:05 CET 2010

We are having the same issue as noted here:
http://lists.freeradius.org/pipermail/freeradius-users/2009-November/msg00664.html

I am guessing there is no way to use LDAP for MSCHAP authentication?  I
have read other posts on the list that have said it won't work (which
kind of makes sense to me).  However, it sure would be nice to side step
Samba on this issue.

We are not doing group checking at this point, just authentication.
Currently running FreeRADIUS 2.0.3.  Any suggestions/comments will be
appreciated.  I guess my next e-mail will be to the Samba mailing list....

Thanks,
Walter