Reject Calling-Station-Id

Neville nev at itsnev.co.uk
Tue Jan 5 10:55:47 CET 2010

First, please let me wish everyone a Happy New Year in the list.  I've learned a lot in the past 12 months and have a fairly stable installation of 2.1.6 on CentOS 5.4.

The question, I would like to ask is how can I improve on this and use a DB List/Table to Blacklist certain IP addresses.

if(Calling-Station-Id == 218.18.XX.XX){
        reject
}
if(Calling-Station-Id == 113.237.XX.XX){
        reject
}

The reason I'm having to do this is that we offer a 1hr Free Trial of our services and use the Email Address and IP address at the point of registration to ensure that the same person does not keep requesting more and more free trials.  Obviously this not perfect and manages to address most of our requirements.

However, there are a view people out there, that registered with a spoof IP Address and another free hotmail account etc, thus getting another Free Trial over and over again.  The way I'm stop this currently, is manually check the record we had at the point of request for the Free Trial, and the IP address used to access the Service, if these are different then I block the IP address using the unlang above.

There is only a few currently, but should this increase and I would like a more fool proof way to manage this and register the fact that someone has abused our free trial service and BLOCK there IP from accessing our service, even if they have been given a Username/Password via the Free Trial Page.

Thanks in advance,

Nev