radiusd -X On First Boot

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Tue Jan 5 21:46:16 CET 2010

On 01/05/2010 03:35 PM, Brian Carpio wrote:
> Alan,
>
> Yes thanks for the reply you are correct it probably should go into the
> RPM I can rewrite the RHEL rpm to do this if I knew what to do? When I
> simply run radiusd -X the keys are created is there a "non interactive"
> option I can use to create the keys for the first time such as radiusd
> --create-keys (obviously that isn't it)...
>
> Or is there another way to create the keys?

run /etc/raddb/certs/bootstrap

It can be done in %post, but if and only if $1 == 1

for an explanation of why see this:
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/l-rpm3.html

This would probably work, but I haven't tested it.

%post
if [ $1 = 1 ]; then
   /sbin/chkconfig --add radiusd
   /etc/raddb/certs/bootstrap