Radiusd process exited without notice

Craig Campbell craig at ccraft.ca
Wed Jan 6 13:48:10 CET 2010

Has anyone checked for

Acct-Terminate-Cause = User-Error

with the packets in question?

We are seeing some of the "Info: [sql] stop packet with zero session
length." messages logged (but only so far during 1 specific minute of the
day) and
they ALL have "Acct-Terminate-Cause = User-Error".

There is one other packet with Acct-Session-Time = 0 AND
Acct-Terminate-Cause = User-Request that does NOT generate the warning.

Our current belief is that this is NOT radius related.
The troublesome packets do not appear to be causing any harm. (despite the
subject, radiusd is NOT exiting and remains healthy and happy (Yeah
2.1.8!! )

I'm just thinking you guys might be chasing a non (radius) issue.

Cheers,
-craig