Calling-Station-Id

osmany at oc.quimefa.cu osmany at oc.quimefa.cu
Wed Jan 6 03:18:50 CET 2010

On Tue, 05 Jan 2010 20:05:07 -0500, michel at casa.co.cu wrote:
> Osmany <osmany at oc.quimefa.cu> escribió:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have Freeradius configured using a mysql backend. I want users to be
>> able to connect only if their Calling-Station-Id is the same as the
>> attribute I specify in the radcheck table in mysql. For example:
>>
>> |312|test at domain.com|Calling-Station-Id | == | "phonenumber"
>> |298|test at domain.com|MD5-Password       | := | password
>>
>> supposedly, I want to allow user test to only connect from this
>> phonenumber, but when I really test the account I find that user test
>> can connect from any phone number. So I really don't know what to do, I
>> already tried to use different combinations of operators. Can anyone
>> help me?
>>
>> in the radreply table I have this:
>>
>> |111|test at domain.com|Auth-Type|:=|Accept|
>>
>> thanks in advance.
>>

>> -
>
> Try using += operator and the phonenumber if the number of the user is
> 8724466 put 7 at the begin , for example: 78724466.
>
> You can put radius in debug mode for check why is reject the access.

I tried with the above configuration by putting the number 7 in front of
the phone number and indeed the user test can only connect with that phone
number. I guess that the NAS forwards the phone number including area code.
Since that is working, now I want to add another phone number (another
Calling-Station-Id) to the user test, so that the user can connect from
only one phone number or the other. I tried using the += operator and the
user can connect from any phone number. So my configuration works only if
the user has only one Calling-Station-Id attribute, but I wanted to work
with two Calling-Station-Id attributes also.