On-line debugging tool

Alexander Clouter alex at digriz.org.uk
Thu Jan 7 13:04:41 CET 2010

Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:

>  I've put a debugging tool online at:
>
> http://networkradius.com/
>
>  Click on the "debug tool" link on the left, under "News".  The page
> contains instructions for how to get debug output into the form.

Is there a plan to add to FreeRADIUS a debug output mangling option?  So
things like Cleartext-Password and User-Password are obscured.

For example, you get the user to run FreeRADIUS with '-XO', then just
before printing to the screen the value of the 'secret' attributes are
md5'd and the hashes are shown instead (should be a constant, unless
there is actually a mismatch).  Of course you could have a '-o
attr1,attr2' to protect other attributes at runtime too.

Only something to add to the wishlist. :)

Cheers

--
Alexander Clouter
.sigmonster says: Straw?  No, too stupid a fad.  I put soot on warts.