ld.so.1: radiusd: fatal: relocation error: file /usr/local/lib/rlm_sql_mysql-2.1.7.so: symbol mysql_next_result: referenced symbol not found

Nereida Bernal nereidarubi at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 23:51:09 CET 2010

Hi all!

I am testing my FreeRADIUS configuration using the NTRadPing Test
Utility, but as soon as I send the user/password to the server I get
the the error "ld.so.1: radiusd: fatal: relocation error: file
/usr/local/lib/rlm_sql_mysql-2.1.7.so: symbol mysql_next_result:
referenced symbol not found"  and process radiusd is killed.

I am not familiar with FreeRADIUS (This is my first installation)
Could you help me?

SUN Netra 210
FreeRADIUS Version 2.1.7
SO Solaris 10
MySQL 5.0.88 (32 bits)
Packages installed:
- SMCdb		db
- SMCgcc		gcc
- SMClgcc346	libgcc
- SMClibidl		libidl
- SMClibt		libtool
- SMCliconv	libiconv
- SMCmake	make
- SMCmysql	mysql
- SMColdap	openldap
- SMCossl		openssl
- SMCsasl		sasl

Here's what I got from the radiusd debug
bash-3.00# rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 147.1.4.228 port
4138, id=4, length=44
        User-Name = "test"
        User-Password = "radius123"
+- entering group authorize {...}
++[preprocess] returns ok
++[chap] returns noop
++[mschap] returns noop
[suffix] No '@' in User-Name = "test", looking up realm NULL
[suffix] No such realm "NULL"
++[suffix] returns noop
[eap] No EAP-Message, not doing EAP
++[eap] returns noop
++[unix] returns notfound
++[files] returns noop
++[expiration] returns noop
++[logintime] returns noop
[pap] WARNING! No "known good" password found for the user.
Authentication may fail because of this.
++[pap] returns noop
[sql]   expand: %{User-Name} -> test
[sql] sql_set_user escaped user --> 'test'
rlm_sql (sql): Reserving sql socket id: 4
[sql]   expand: SELECT id, username, attribute, value, op
FROM radcheck           WHERE username = '%{SQL-User-Name}'
ORDER BY id -> SELECT id, username, attribute, value, op
FROM radcheck           WHERE username = 'test'           ORDER BY id
ld.so.1: radiusd: fatal: relocation error: file
/usr/local/lib/rlm_sql_mysql-2.1.7.so: symbol mysql_next_result:
referenced symbol not found

[1]+  Killed                  radiusd -X

This is how I executed the configure command:
/opt/RADUIS/FreeRADIUSv2/freeradius/freeradius-server-2.1.7
bash-3.00# ./configure --with-mysql-lib-dir=/usr/local/mysql/lib
--with-mysql-include-dir=/usr/local/mysql/include --with-openssl
--with-openssl-includes=/usr/sfw/include/openssl
--with-openssl-libraries=/usr/sfw/bin/openssl  | grep WARNI
config.status: WARNING:  ./Make.inc.in seems to ignore the --datarootdir setting
config.status: WARNING:  ./src/include/build-radpaths-h.in seems to
ignore the --datarootdir setting
configure: WARNING: silently not building rlm_eap_ikev2.
configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_eap_ikev2 requires:  libeap-ikev2
EAPIKEv2/connector.h.
configure: WARNING: silently not building rlm_eap_peap.
configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_eap_peap requires: OpenSSL.
configure: WARNING: silently not building rlm_eap_tls.
configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_eap_tls requires: OpenSSL.
configure: WARNING: the TNCS library isn't found!
configure: WARNING: silently not building rlm_eap_tnc.
configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_eap_tnc requires:  -lTNCS.
configure: WARNING: silently not building rlm_eap_ttls.
configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_eap_ttls requires: OpenSSL.
configure: WARNING: neither krb5 'k5crypto' nor 'crypto' libraries are found!
configure: WARNING: the comm_err library isn't found!
configure: WARNING: silently not building rlm_krb5.
configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_krb5 requires:  krb5.h.
configure: WARNING: silently not building rlm_otp.
configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_otp requires:  openssl-libs
openssl-includes openssl-includes openssl-includes openssl-includes
openssl-includes.
configure: WARNING: silently not building rlm_perl.
configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_perl requires:  EXTERN.h perl.h
libperl.so libperl.so.
configure: WARNING: silently not building rlm_python.
configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_python requires:  Python.h libpython2.3.
configure: WARNING: silently not building rlm_sql_iodbc.
configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_sql_iodbc requires: libiodbc isql.h.
configure: WARNING: oracle headers not found.  Use
--with-oracle-home-dir=<path>.
configure: WARNING: silently not building rlm_sql_oracle.
configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_sql_oracle requires: oci.h.
configure: WARNING: silently not building rlm_sql_unixodbc.
configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_sql_unixodbc requires: libodbc sql.h.

Thanks!
Nere