Cisco-AVpair accounting client-mac-address with unlang

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Jan 8 16:10:45 CET 2010

Joe Maimon wrote:
> According to what I see turning on cisco vsa hack can overwrite any
> existing attributes that happen to match the value in the avpair

  The Cisco boxes don't send:

	Cisco-AVPair = "foo = bar"
	foo = bar

  *both* in the same packet.

> and
> also seems to possibly delete information from the avpair -- its not
> clear to me exactly what it does.

  It's pretty simple.  See my previous message.

  Yes... it deletes data from the avpair.  That's what it's *supposed*
to do.  Do you really want tons of attributes like:

	foo-bar-baz = "foo-bar-baz = value"

  or would it be saner to have:

	foo-bar-baz = "value"

 ?

  The NAS sends the first form, (Or Cisco-AV-Pair = "foo-bar-baz =
value), and we re-write it into a form that isn't retarded.