NT/LM password from LDAP (PAP works, MSCHAP doesn't).

Lech Karol Pawłaszek ike at szluug.org
Mon Jan 11 17:58:50 CET 2010

Hello.

I've working FreeRADIUS installation for 802.1x authentication and
authorization using EAP-TLS with passwords - NT/LM hashes - stored in
LDAP. And it works nice.

Right now I'm deploying (yes. at this particular moment!) IPsec/L2TP VPN
which will be utilizing RADIUS via ppp connection. And for PAP it works
nice. However MSCHAP doesn't want to work. I'm kinda lost because EAP
connection uses MSCHAP(v2) as well and this one works flawlessly.

;-) Am I missing something? I believe it should work. Or it cannot?

I've attached FreeRADIUS' logfile. Any pointers/hints much appreciated.

Kind regards,

--
Lech Karol Pawłaszek <ike>
"You will never see me fall from grace" [KoRn]