FR 2.1.8 Issue - Unjustified(?) Access-Rejects.

Palmer J.D.F. J.D.F.Palmer at swansea.ac.uk
Tue Jan 12 11:40:40 CET 2010

Hi,

We migrated to 2.1.8 (from 2.1.7) last week while things were quiet, as
the users have re-appeared after the holiday we've started to receive a
few reports from users stating that they have been getting lots of
prompts for credentials.
Two users in particular, both Ubuntu users, have been having big
problems. I had a look at the radpostauth table and sure enough at least
50% of their auth attempts have resulted in access-rejects.
I rolled back to 2.1.7 this afternoon and the problem has gone away.

Should anyone be interested I have attached an radmin output for one of
the users, it shows some accepts and lots of rejects.

Is this likely to be a configuration error (no changes were made to the
2.1.7 config), or a bug?

Thanks,
Jezz Palmer.