Have a client with multiple secrets?

Alexander Clouter alex at digriz.org.uk
Wed Jan 13 12:01:34 CET 2010

Hi,

freeradius at corwyn.net wrote:

> I have a firewall that i connect to over SSH to manage. It has a
> client entry with a secret in clients.conf, it's got a huntgroup
> entry, and the huntgroup has entries in the users file, and
> everything is working fine (I think I've got the order right there).
>
> The frewall also serves as teh VPN server, authenticating users
> through radius. But I'd like the VPN users to use a different secret
> and, more importantly, a different huntgroup (since the user group
> for authentication is different between those two groups).  Is that possible?

If you run FreeRADIUS in debugging mode (-X) you should see a difference
in the type of incoming requests; typically things like NAS-Port-Type
will change or Service-Type.  Then using either unlang, hints or
huntgroups you will be able to differentiate between them by testing for
the presence of these attributes/values or the lack of them.

If the requests are identical, bin the product and tell the venduh why
(unless they have a fix).  Your only workaround is hope that you can
send the different requests to different IP's and/or ports and get
FreeRADIUS to use that as the differentiator.

Cheers

--
Alexander Clouter
.sigmonster says: Postmen never die, they just lose their zip.