Configuration test issue

Guillaume Rousse Guillaume.Rousse at inria.fr
Wed Jan 13 13:37:46 CET 2010

Hello list.

I'm trying to automatize configuration testing at each change. However,
I'm facing a situation where testing report failure, whereas running
freeradius works OK.

With this following configuration:
DEFAULT Auth-Type := LDAP, Huntgroup-Name == AdminNet, ldap1-LDAP-Group
== admins

Errors reading /etc/raddb/users
/etc/raddb/users[19]: Parse error (check) for entry DEFAULT: Invalid
octet string "admins" for attribute name "ldap1-LDAP-Group"

When quoting group name:
DEFAULT Auth-Type := LDAP, Huntgroup-Name == AdminNet, ldap1-LDAP-Group
== "admins"

Errors reading /etc/raddb/users
/etc/raddb/users[19]: Parse error (check) for entry DEFAULT: Unknown
vendor name in attribute name "ldap1-LDAP-Group"

Reading 'radiusd -XC' output, I guess the second one occurs because ldap
modules initialisation is skipped, whereas this attribute is defined there:
  Module: Linked to module rlm_ldap
  Module: Skipping instantiation of ldap1
  Module: Skipping instantiation of ldap2

So, can I do something here to fix the validation test :) ?
--
BOFH excuse #145:

Flat tire on station wagon with tapes.  ("Never underestimate the
bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurling down the highway"
Andrew S. Tannenbaum)