OpenDirectory on Mac OS X 10.6 authenticating Cisco ASA

mail at wetzelandson.com mail at wetzelandson.com
Thu Jan 14 00:20:15 CET 2010

Alan,
Thanks.  Missed that in some of the sites I have been searching.

Using radiusd -X debugging mode I found an addition I had made to
/etc/raddb/users trying to tell it to use Open Directory (this was
required in 10.5 to make this work) was the source of all my problems.
Seems to work now.

Apple actually made this easier for us in their implementation and the
only change required now is to add the client to /etc/raddb/clients.conf
and the Open Directory user is processed correctly.  No changes in
/etc/raddb/users at all.  Thanks for pointing out the obvious to me.

-Erich