customize Post-Auth-Type REJECT

pawel_221 pawel at msconnect.pl
Fri Jan 15 10:35:04 CET 2010

I'm trying to change user speed to lower when he reach transfer limit.
Currently after reaching transfer limit NAS is disconnecting user and when
he's trying to connect he is rejected. In debug log I can see:

rlm_sqlcounter: (Check item - counter) is less than zero
rlm_sqlcounter: Rejected user user01, check_item=50000000, counter=50062959
++[noresetbytescounter] returns reject

Could you help me with Post-Auth-Type REJECT? How can I read the
control:counters in Post-Auth? I couldn't find an answer on forum... What
should I write instead "if (%{control:counter} > %{control:check_item} ) {"
in my config?

Post-Auth-Type REJECT {
	    if (%{control:counter} > %{control:check_item} ) {
	        update reply {
		      Reply-Message := "You have reached your transfer limit. Limited
bandwitch"
		}
                update control {
                                Auth-Type := "Accept"
                                WISPr-Bandwidth-Max-Down = 1048576
	                        WISPr-Bandwidth-Max-Up = 262144

My sqlcounter.conf:
sqlcounter noresetbytescounter {
            counter-name = Max-Total-Octets
            check-name = Max-Total-Octets
	    reply-name = HotSpot-Max-Total-Octets
            sqlmod-inst = sql
            key = User-Name
            reset = never
            query = "SELECT SUM(AcctInputOctets)+SUM(AcctOutputOctets) FROM
radacct WHERE UserName='%{%k}'"
}

Greetings
Pawel