freeradius 2.1.8 : No authenticate method (Auth-Type) configuration found for the request: Rejecting the user

piston pistonic at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 16 19:04:13 CET 2010

Thanks for your advice, learn a lots.

----- Original Message ----
From: Josip Rodin <joy at entuzijast.net>
Sent: Sat, January 16, 2010 3:59:19 AM
Subject: Re: freeradius 2.1.8 : No authenticate method (Auth-Type) configuration found for the request: Rejecting the user

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 08:55:24AM -0800, piston wrote:
> i don't event know how i managed to delete all virtual server, managed to
> solved the problem by copy back entire freeradius folder under /etc/
>
> upgrade from 2.1.6 > 2.1.7 > 2.1.8 prelease was very smooth without
> problem, basically i just executed dpkg -i command,but this time no luck.

If you used dpkg -i, you might not have noticed the new freeradius-common
package. In the future, to install/upgrade FreeRADIUS packages on
Debian(-like) systems, just use the standard official repositories with APT,
so that you get the tested packages with all the necessary dependencies
resolved automatically. We haven't had 2.1.6 and earlier 2.1.x versions
in there, but now we do.

Also if you're running the stable distribution - the Debian packages built
(backported) for release 5.0/lenny are available at the standard place:
http://www.backports.org/ One just has to add another line to
sources.list(5) and use the target release 'lenny-backports'.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.
-