Major noob question about freeradius

freeradius at corwyn.net freeradius at corwyn.net
Mon Jan 18 20:29:29 CET 2010

At 02:01 PM 1/18/2010, Eric Swanson wrote:
>On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 10:51 AM, Bryan Boone
><<mailto:bryan-boone at msn.com>bryan-boone at msn.com> wrote:
>For me the simplest solution to solve this would be a windows 2003
>server domain controller.  Unfortunately due to some corporate
>restrictions I cannot install a windows server.
>

>If you can't set up a Windows server to do this job, the best way to
>meet this need is to run Samba on a Linux machine.  If you run it in
>domain control mode, it'll act very much like a Windows server for
>the purposes you're talking about.

If there's a corporate restriction on installing a windows server,
setting up a linux server to behave just like a windows server might
also be a problem.  and indeed if it's one the same network, you'll
really need to get things right so that it doesn't screw anything up
(such as becoming the master browser).

Just be sure first :-)

rick