Reply-Message

Andrea Gabellini andrea.gabellini at telecomitalia.sm
Tue Jan 19 11:06:22 CET 2010

Neville,

my postauth_query is:

postauth_query = "INSERT INTO ${postauth_table} (username, reply,
accttime, message) VALUES ('%{SQL-User-Name}', '%{reply:Packet-Type}',
TO_DATE('
%S','yyyy-mm-dd hh24:mi:ss'),
'%{%{Module-Failure-Message}:-%{%{reply:Reply-Message}:-Your generic
message}}')"   ----> Adjust accttime for MySQL

with this you can catch the error message of the module that reject the
user, then the reply message and as last chance a generic message. you
can swap %{Module-Failure-Message} with %{reply:Reply-Message} if your
reply message is more important

to strip "\r\n" in modules/attr_rewrite I added:

attr_rewrite sanereplymessage {
	attribute = Reply-Message
	# may be "packet", "reply", "proxy", "proxy_reply" or "config"
	searchin = reply
	searchfor = "\n|\r"
	replacewith = ""
	ignore_case = no
	new_attribute = no
	max_matches = 10

	## If set to yes then the replace string will be
	## appended to the original string
	append = no
}

and in sites-enables/default

	Post-Auth-Type REJECT {
		..
		sanereplymessage
		sql
		..
	}

Andrea

Neville ha scritto:
> Thanks, this works a treat and its just what I needed.
>
> Is there anyway to strip the "\r\n" at the start and end of the
> Reply-Message before writing the TABLE, as it ends up in the tables as:-
>
> "=0D=0AYou are already logged in - access denied=0D=0A=0A"
>
> Thx
> Nev
>> hi,
>> configure postauth_query in dialup.conf,
>>
>> postauth_query="UPDATE POSTREPLY SET
>> REPLYMESSAGE='%{reply:Reply-Message}' WHERE USERNAME='%{SQL-User-Name}' "
>>
>> than , you can query the message from DB SERVER.
>>
>> BTW:
>> if reject user, then  ...
>>
>>        #
>>        #  Access-Reject packets are sent through the REJECT
>> sub-section of the
>>        #  post-auth section.
>>        #
>>        #
>>        Post-Auth-Type REJECT {
>> %{sql:UPDATE POSTREPLY SET REPLYMESSAGE='%{reply:Reply-Message}' WHERE
>> USERNAME='%{SQL-User-Name}' }
>> }
>>
>>> Message: 1
>>> Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 20:55:45 -0000
>>> From: "Neville" <nev at itsnev.co.uk>
>>> Subject: Reply-Message
>>> To: <freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org>
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Is there any way to get the reply message loaded into a SQL TABLE,
>>> which a user can then query on to see the last reply based on there
>>> username?
>>>
>>> Thx
>>> Nev
>>> -------------- next part --------------
>>> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

>>> You can put an entry for the Reply-Message attribute in the radreply
>>> table.
>>> For example, if you want to send the message "Hi Bob" to user bob,
>>> you would
>>> add this entry to radreply:
>>>

>>> username            attribute                             op value
>>>
>>> "bob"                   "Reply-Message"             ":="        "Hi Bob"
>>>

>>> The Reply-Message attribute will be sent back in the Access-Accept
>>> packet
>>> sent back to the NAS. Of course, this assumes that you have FreeRADIUS
>>> configured to use SQL, which is documented in the raddb/sql.conf file
>>> and
>>> http://wiki.freeradius.org/SQL_HOWTO.
>>>

>>> Tim
>>>

> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See

Somewhere in the world there's somebody better than me... but I haven't
met him yet.

Ing. Andrea Gabellini
Email: andrea.gabellini at telecomitalia.sm
Skype: andreagabellini