No "known good" in ldap authorizes?

freeradius at corwyn.net freeradius at corwyn.net
Wed Jan 20 06:38:53 CET 2010

I've got something odd happening. I'm using freeradius and it's ldap
module to authenticate/ authorize users for a l2tp vpn connection.
Works (mostly) fine, except for some odd timeout issues I'll cover
elsewhere (see following post re: LDAP timeouts).

Valid users with valid passwords connect, other combinations don't
(valid user,. invalid password, invalid user with invalid password,etc.)

But i see this in the log when running with radiusd -X:

[ldap] looking for reply items in directory...
WARNING: No "known good" password was found in LDAP.  Are you sure
that the user is configured correctly?
[ldap] user test_user authorized to use remote access

?

Rick