Defining Reply-Message for Access-Reject Packets

Luiz Gustavo de Villa Scandelari luizgustavo at wni.com.br
Wed Jan 20 19:55:21 CET 2010

Hi,

I have a Freeradius server v2.1.7 with mysql 5 in CentOs 5.3.

The two situations I need to define reply messages are:

1) Username correct but wrong password;
2) Username and password wrong or just Username wrong;

Thanks to Arran Cudbard-Bell and EasyHorpak.com, I was able to solve the
first situation, but I have no ideas how to solve the second situation,
because the rlm_sql module returns notfound ("User not found") and chap
returns invalid causing a Access-Reject packet. Please can anyone give me an
idea of how to solve that? Should I write some unlang at the sql or at the
authorize section?

Other point I need some help is about changing the dailycounter
reply-message ("Your maximum daily usage time has been reached "). I don´t
have also any idea howto do that. I´ve read in some emails that I should
change the source code in order to get it working, is that right?

Hope to receive some answer.

Thanks,

LUIZ GUSTAVO DE VILLA SCANDELARI
Skype: luiz.gustavo.wni