Free radius installation

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Mon Jan 25 10:18:44 CET 2010

Hi,

> > not really - did you read what I wrote?  How can you do a state check
> > on what is a stateless protocol?
>
> I think you can still do state checks for UDP:

there are ways and means - sure - but in the first throes of
getting some test traffic to the daemon, surely the easiest thing
is to just allow UDP port 1812 and 1813 traffic and THEN start learning
what firewall flags work with the traffic.

alternatively, SElinux is getting in the way (if its enabled)

'sestatus'

or

'getenforce'

and try setting it to permissive - just for testing! -

'setenforce 0'

if thats the case, then put the enforcing back and then check the secure/audit
logs to see what/why/how its failing and put the right SELinux rules into
place to deal with the requirements of the daemon.  plenty of online resources
dealing with SELinux and how to configure/check it.

alan