freeradius -X debug mode

Sylvain De Muynck sylvain.demuynck at tigolao.com
Thu Jan 28 04:33:14 CET 2010

Dear all,
I would like to know if there is a way to get the content of the debug mode through another tool.
In fact, that could be interesting for me since I am doing a migration process and I do not know all passwords of my customer.
In other work, I would like to see, when my Radius send an access-reject packet what was the attribute sent by my customer equipment. This is written on the debug mode however, I hqve around 300 customers so I will not stop the Radius just to check this.
Is there also maybe a way of running debug mode over the daemon, meaning you do not have to stop it?
I was thinking about Ethereal or this kind of sofware to sniff the incoming packet.
Thanks in advance for your reply.
My configuration: Radius v.2
OS : Debian
NAS : Alvarion