Setting up FreeRADIUS 2.0.4 with OpenLDAP backend to do wireless auth

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Jan 28 18:18:01 CET 2010

Jonathan Amiez wrote:
> Therefore, I have again trouble in setting up this configuration.
>
> The problem is EAP/PEAP related, and I am not able to resolve it.

  Post the debug log into:

http://networkradius.com/freeradius.html

  And look for the red text.

> I authenticate successfully with the radtest tool (locally and remotely) but I
> can't get radeapclient to work, and obviously my wireless client.
>
> I think it comes from this:
> "TLS Alert read:fatal:unknown CA" but I don't think I need real certs to get
> it working.

  No.  It means that the certificate being sent by the client isn't
known to the server.

  The HOWTO on deployingradius.com creates a configuration which does
*not* have this problem.

> By the way, I'm wondering why there are several "cycles" for one
> authentication (ie Finished request x.  Going to the next request...).

  Because more packets are being received.