Segmentation fault

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Jan 28 21:20:53 CET 2010

J Brandon Polley wrote:
> I'm running FreeRadius Version: 2.1.8
> 1. SUSE Linux
>
> My problem is that when I turn on a setting in FreeRadius it crashes and
> gives me "Segmentation Fault" when someone tries to login.
> Here is the file im editing: raddb/sites-avilable/Default
> Here is the line of code that makes it crash when I uncomment ldap:
> [ldap] Bind was successful
> [(null)] ldap_release_conn: Release Id: 0
> Segmentation fault

  Hmm... I'm finding it a little hard to understand how that happens.
The last two log messages are produced by the same module, using the
same config.  I really don't see how one works, and the other doesn't.

  If this is a problem, you can delete rlm_ldap from 2.1.8, and replace
it with the rlm_ldap directory from 2.1.7