warnings under cygwin

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Jul 2 12:29:34 CEST 2010

tangfu wrote:
> Hi,guys.I try to complie freeradius 2.19 under cygwin this afternoon,but
> i get some warning when i execute "./configure ..."

  Do you understand what the purpose of "configure" is?

> I don't have installed net-snmp,but i add "--without-snmp" to
> configure.I am confused why these warnings about snmp occur.

  Because you don't have the *optional* SNMP files installed.

> Additionally,iodbc and unixodbc seem  merely to support non-windows
> platform.I always don't get build succeeded.

  "configure" is NOT the same as the "build" stage.  If configure says
that the pre-requisites don't exist, then those files will not be built.

> Much to my puzzlement,libmysqlclient_r.a and libmysqlclient_r.la exsit
> in /lib/mysql,as well as files related to mysql,but warnings don't
> be removed.Even if i use --with-mysql-lib-dir=<path>,it doesn't work all
> the same.

  Read "config.log" for full description of the reasons why the
configure failed.

  And you can always edit the "Makefile" by hand, to point to the
correct library && include directory.  That's why the Makefiles are
generated.  There's not need to give up if the "configure" process
doesn't work.