Backslash issue during AD authetication

Jevos, Peter Peter.Jevos at oriflame.com
Fri Jul 16 14:16:52 CEST 2010

HI

I'd like to autheticate cisco vpn clients against the freeradius and AD

Prompt for the vpn client should be domainame\username.

In my smb.conf is as the delimiter:

winbind separator = \\ ( because backslash is special character, I had
to use twice )

This command works:

/usr/bin/ntlm_auth --request-nt-key --username=domainame\\username
--password=password

NT_STATUS_OK: Success (0x0)

When i test through radtest it doesn't work : neither

radtest domainame\\username password  localhost 0 testing123 ,

or radtest domainame\\\username password  localhost 0 testing123,

or radtest domainame\username password  localhost 0 testing123

However, when i tried to autheticate through vpn cisco client , the
string domainame\\username will pass.

How can I force freradius to authenticate through domainame\username

Thanks

Pet