Redirection to the NAS of an external CoA request

newtownz jean466 at sympatico.ca
Tue Jul 20 19:38:32 CEST 2010

Here are a few lines from my cfg files:

In radiusd.conf:

proxy_requests  = yes
$INCLUDE proxy.conf

In proxy.conf:

#(this is where I want to forward)
home_server aruba {
        type = coa
        ipaddr = xx.yy.110.148
        port = 1812
        src_ipaddr = xx.yy.110.128
        coa {
                # Initial retransmit interval: 1..5
                irt = 2

                # Maximum Retransmit Timeout: 1..30 (0 == no maximum)
                mrt = 16

                # Maximum Retransmit Count: 1..20 (0 == retransmit forever)
                mrc = 5

                # Maximum Retransmit Duration: 5..60
                mrd = 30
                }
        secret = testing123
     }

home_server_pool to_aruba {
                home_server = aruba
        }

###Not really sure about the validity of the last 3 lines...

And now I'm puzzled as to how to set the Home-server-pool
as stated in recv-coa section of coa:

 recv-coa {
                #  CoA && Disconnect packets can be proxied in the same
                #  way as authentication or accounting packets.
                #  Just set Proxy-To-Realm, or Home-Server-Pool, and the
                #  packets will be proxied.

I tried to find the way that it is done for authentication packet
and did not succeed.

Also I just want to know if my understanding about the whole
process of proxying the CoA is right:

The default server config file is of no use here, in the coa
I have to state somehow that I want the request to be forwarded
to the controller and in the proxy.conf file I have to create
this controller-server so that freeradius won't complain about
an unknown IP address.

Jean