Controlling with Auth-Type a client must use

Madsen.Jan JMD JMD at kmd.dk
Thu Jul 22 13:26:15 CEST 2010

Hello Radius People

I'm running freeradius 2.1.8 working great

I'm using the radius servers to many different clients, specially Cisco nodes, and some Unix servers.
I'm using the module passwd working fine, and I have enabled unix authentication in my default section.

Now when a specific client try to send username password to my system the passwd modle is accepting the password fine, but the unix section is rejecting the password ending in a Access-Reject back to client

Some debug here

Thu Jul 22 13:22:21 2010 : Info: [kmdov3] Added crypt-Password: 'TLw0SiK4QfQxg' to config_items
Thu Jul 22 13:22:21 2010 : Info: ++[kmdov3] returns ok
..
.
Thu Jul 22 13:22:21 2010 : Auth: [unix] [jmd]: invalid shell [/usr/bin/bash]
Thu Jul 22 13:22:21 2010 : Info: ++[unix] returns reject

I do know that the unix module reject because of a invalid shell, and chaning it to a valid shell fix this problem.
But what I want to do is to set the client ONLY to use kmdov3 as my authentication and not the Unix one. Is this possible?
I have been trying to use the Auth-Type attribute, but can't figure out how to tell that I want to use the kmdov3 authentication type.

Best regards
Jan Madsen