Mac-auth checking in sites-enabled/default

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Jul 23 10:31:48 CEST 2010

On 07/22/2010 11:50 PM, Tom Leach wrote:
> I'm currently using Freeradius v2.1.9 and I'm trying to write a
> condition in the authorize section to use a different module depending
> on whether Mac-auth or someother auth is being called.
> In reading the wiki (http://wiki.freeradius.org/Mac-Auth) it appears
> that I want to check (Chap-Password == hash(User-Name)) but I'm having a
> problem getting the unlang syntax correct.
>
> So far, I've tried:
> 	if (Chap-Password == hash(User-Name)){
> which fails with:
> 	Consecutive conditions at (User-Name))
> 	/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default[62]: Errors parsing authorize section.

AFAIK hash() or function calls in generall aren't a feature of unlang.
Maybe the wiki page is listing pseudo-code?

You want something like:

}

...or whatever format the mac address is in I guess. If you can be more
specific about what the two incoming requests you want to distinguish
look like, I can be more specific in a suggestion ;o)