Error: ASSERT FAILED threads.c[406]

Meyers, Dan d.meyers at lancaster.ac.uk
Mon Jul 26 19:00:03 CEST 2010

Will do :) Just to check I've understood properly - Do you expect the
new version to just fix the ASSERT FAILED error, and what's happening in
the perl is still something I need to investigate (and is probably
thread related), or should the fix also stop me getting unresponsive
children in the perl accounting method?

Thanks

Dan

> Meyers, Dan wrote:
> > Ran fine for a week or so, but in the last few days we've had it
> crash
> > twice, both times with the same message. The logs initially fill
with
> > messages of the sort:
> >
> > "Sat Jul 24 01:05:08 2010 : Error: WARNING: Unresponsive child for
> > request 128145, in module perl component accounting"
>
>   Oops.

<snip>
> > "Sat Jul 24 01:05:27 2010 : Error: ASSERT FAILED threads.c[406]:
> > (*request)->magic == REQUEST_MAGIC"
>
>   That looks like a bug which will be fixed in 2.1.10.  See
> http://git.freeradius.org, branch v2.1.x.  Download that and install
> it.
>  It should fix the problem.
>
>   If so, please say so.