SV: FR proxy to ACS and NPS with MS CHAP v2

SagiBarOr sagi.bar-or at intel.com
Tue Jul 27 13:12:16 CEST 2010

Thank you for the info Jan.  The radiusd-x files were included in the zip
files. Though I guess the other logs were overwhelming.
I now posted the two log files here.
The file cn-check_splitauth.log is from the first free radius.
The file ldap_mschapv2.log is from the second FR server which does the MS
CHAP v2 portion.
Note that everything works in this confioguration. No issues. What I like
the forum to advise, is what might be non std or missing in the MC CHAP v2
session, which FR overcomes it.
When I replace the 2nd FR with MS NPS or Cisco NPS the authentication fails,
looks like because the pwd (hash) does not match.
Thnks
Sagi

Madsen.Jan JMD wrote:

> I think you need to stop the radius process and then start i with radiusd
> -X
> This will run freeradius in the window you are starting it in, in debug
> mode.
>
> On a Linux it will look something like this
> /usr/sbin/freeradius -X (Default Debian install directory)
>
> Or in a manually compiled
> /opt/freeradius-1.1.8/sbin/radiusd -X (My install location)
>
> And that output it comes from that is what Phil wants :)
>
> Best regards
> Jan Madsen

http://old.nabble.com/file/p29275298/cn-check_splitauth.log
cn-check_splitauth.log