Another LDAP/RADIUS integration problem.

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Jul 29 09:10:54 CEST 2010

Tom Leach wrote:
> Grr, off on a goose chase.  Problem isn't in rlm_pap.c, but rlm_ldap.c.
>  rlm_ldap only likes the Cleartext-Password and User-Password
> attributes.

  Yes... the message you posted clearly shows it's output from the LDAP
mdoule.

> Would it be a bad thing to patch rlm_ldap.c to also work
> with Password-With-Header?  If not, then I guess I'll have to use
> User-Password in the ldap dictionary and live with the suggestion
> message in debug output.

  PLEASE don't do that.  I suggested to use Password-With-Header as the
preferred alternative.  Don't go pick *another* method with *more*
warning messages, just because you don't like seeing the warning message
produced by the LDAP module.