peap/eap/mschapv2 + MySQL

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Jun 1 09:12:40 CEST 2010

Matt Madrid wrote:
> Alan: I believe I posted the errors I have been getting. I have posted
> the debug output in previous posts in this thread. If there is more
> information that you think I should be giving pleas le me know.

  You were told what the problem is:

server inner-tunnel {
+- entering group authorize {...}
++[chap] returns noop
++[mschap] returns noop
++[unix] returns notfound
[suffix] No '@' in User-Name = "oogabooga", looking up realm NULL
[suffix] No such realm "NULL"
++[suffix] returns noop
++[control] returns noop
[eap] EAP packet type response id 145 length 14
[eap] No EAP Start, assuming it's an on-going EAP conversation
++[eap] returns updated
++[files] returns noop
++[expiration] returns noop
++[logintime] returns noop
++[pap] returns noop

  There is *no* reference to the "sql" module in the "inner-tunnel"
section.  Go fix that.

  If you believe that it *is* listed, then see recent messages on this list:

a) the server is reading a different file than you are editing
b) you have *two* versions of "inner-tunnel"
   the server is using (1), and you are editing (2)

  The debug output is *definitive*.  The server is not using "sql"
because it is not being told to use SQL.

  So... go fix the problem.  It is *impossible* for us to give you any
other advice, because the information *you* give us is pretty clear on
what the problem is.