Fwd: SSL issues

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Jun 2 08:35:59 CEST 2010

Martin v. Wittich wrote:
> I believe I have exactly the same issue; only Windows 7 clients are
> affected. Windows XP, Windows Vista and iPhone all work fine.
>
> I believe that the issue is my unsigned server certificate. In the
> previous Windows versions I can do an initially unsuccessful connect to
> the network, then disable the checkbox "validate server certificate",
> reconnect and it will work. When I connect with Windows 7, it will fail
> just like in XP, but the network won't be added to the list and I never
> get to uncheck that checkbox.

  You should install the root CA *first*.  See

http://deployingradius.com/documents/configuration/eap.html

> I'm currently trying to set the network up manually, but I'm not getting
> this to work either atm. I'll attach the full debug log from the initial
> attempt below.

  The Windows 7 machine is stopping the EAP conversation for reasons
known only to it.  Maybe the Windows eaphost tracing will help...

http://deployingradius.com/documents/configuration/eap-problems.html