service startup problem on CentOS 5.5 & freeradius 2.1.9

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Wed Jun 2 19:10:13 CEST 2010

On 06/02/2010 12:54 PM, Fred MAISON wrote:
> Hi all,
> Did someone encountered automatic startup at boot-time with freeradius
> 2.1.9-2 on CentOS 5.5 ?
>
> chkconfig --list show OK
> radiusd -X show OK
> /etc/init.d/radiusd start is OK
> service radiusd stop passes OK
> service radiusd start does not work.
>
> radiusd does not start at boot.
>
> Any idea ?

There are no known problems using our RPM's.

Whose init script are you using, a third parties or the one we provide?

Is SELinux enabled? (run getenforce to determine). If so put the system
in permissive mode with setenforce 0.

If still no luck then add set -x at the top of /etc/init.d/radiusd so it
prints out what it's doing and you can see the error.

FWIW these errors are usually the result of trying to install freeradius
manually or via non supported RPMS which leave file/directory
permissions incorrect or play havoc with the SELinux file labeling.

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?
www.redhat.com/carveoutcosts/