CHAP wrong password issue

lixo lixao lixo at corelabs.com.br
Tue Jun 8 19:17:51 CEST 2010

Hi folks,
I have this trouble and i getting nuts with :)

I have this scenario:

MODEM
DSLAM
PPPoE-Server Version 3.10
FreeRADIUS Version 2.0.4
Mysql5

All worked fine for a while, but I messed up something, and i dont know what
it is.
All login request are refused:

freeradius -X
---------------------------------
  rad_check_password:  Found Auth-Type CHAP
auth: type "CHAP"
+- entering group CHAP
  rlm_chap: login attempt by "MYUSER" with CHAP password
  rlm_chap: Using clear text password "MYPASS" for user MYUSER
authentication.
  rlm_chap: Password check failed
++[chap] returns reject
auth: Failed to validate the user.
Login incorrect (rlm_chap: Wrong user password): [MYUSER/<CHAP-Password>]
(from client localhost port 40 cli 00:24:01:88:69:3F)

On user attributes @ mysql i have:
User-Password := MYPASS
Auth-Type := CHAP

I spend a lot of time looking for answers on google, but not helped.
Please, anyone have a clue about this????

Thanks a lot.