Question about configurable module fail-over

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Jun 10 10:15:05 CEST 2010

Ana Gallardo wrote:
> I want to return an error code if my freeradius can't contact with the
> backend.
>
> Here is my authorize section:
>
> authorize {
>      . . .
>      switch "%{Realm}" {
>      }
>
>      if (fail) {

  That won't work, unfortunately.  The return codes of *modules* can be
over-written.  The return code of a "switch" statement cannot be.

  This issue is largely due to the fact that the configuration files
have had functionality piled on top of old code.  We want to be
backwards compatible, so breaking existing systems isn't an option.  But
this limits the capabilities of the new functions.

  In short: re-write the rules so that you don't use "switch".