Looking for an editor for FreeRADIUS documentation

Peter Nixon listuser at peternixon.net
Thu Jun 10 20:07:32 CEST 2010

On Tue 18 May 2010, Alan DeKok wrote:
> Nyamul Hassan wrote:
> > Not meaning any disrespect to the "paid" offer, you could also
> > reconsider to put up the current documentation in a "Wiki" style
> > webpage, and from there everyone can work on the text that they think
> > needs reworking.
>
>   We already have a Wiki.  Few people edit it.  We already have a
> publicly available "doc" directory.  Few people submit changes.
>
>   Putting the existing docs into a Wiki won't magically make people
> submit changes.
>
>   We're looking for an editor.  All we want is someone who can organize
> and format the existing documentation.  There is no need for "in depth"
> knowledge of RADIUS.  There is no need for to write *new* documentation.
>
>   That is work which is normally seen as "not fun".  But it's needed.
> Therefore, the offer to pay for services rendered.

Yes. I'll second Alan on this. It was my idea to setup the wiki, and I spent
a LOT of time on it for a year or so, but have unfortunately not seen as much
input from the community as we will have liked. (Although there are a notable
few people who have done some work at various times... You know who your
are..Thanks.)

If there is only going to be a small group of people editing the docs, git
and RST work much better than a wiki, and save maintaing both mediawiki and
an SQL server :-)

--

Peter Nixon
http://peternixon.net/