FR 2.1.7: Error: Failed binding to proxy address

John Horne john.horne at plymouth.ac.uk
Fri Jun 11 13:09:27 CEST 2010

Hello,

We are running Freeradius 2.1.7 (on CentOS 5 - freeradius2-2.1.7-7.el5),
and are seeing many of these messages in our log files:

  Fri Jun 11 11:44:19 2010 : Error: Failed binding to proxy address *
  port 1815: Address already in use

The server is already running and so would already be bound to the port,
so why is it trying to bind to it again? These seem to occur initially
in ones or twos, but eventually the server stops responding completely
to requests. At that point we have to restart the radiusd process.

Is this known about and maybe fixed in 2.1.9? Or is something else going
on here?

Thanks,

John.

--
John Horne                   Tel: +44 (0)1752 587287
University of Plymouth, UK   Fax: +44 (0)1752 587001