Problem running 'radiusd -X'

Zhouhuai Shen shenzhounz at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 13 23:24:12 CEST 2010

Hi,

>>> I have a problem running the 'radiusd -X'. The error messages are as the following:

>>default new install from source? the EAP part needs some certs being made.....see
>>this bit:

>>>         make_cert_command = "/etc/raddb/certs/bootstrap"

>>this runs /etc/raddb/certs/bootstrap script to make some temporary basic/fake
>>certs for testing.  perhaps the user/group that radiusd is being run as cannot
>>run the script.

>>run the script manually and see what happens

I have manually run the script, looks better. But when I run the 'radiusd -X' again, other errors appear:

rlm_eap: SSL error error:00000000:lib(0):func(0):reason(0)
rlm_eap_tls: Error loading randomness
rlm_eap: Failed to initialize type tls
/etc/raddb/eap.conf[17]: Instantiation failed for module "eap"
/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/inner-tunnel[223]: Failed to find module "eap".
/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/inner-tunnel[176]: Errors parsing authenticate section.

Can you please advise me again what's the problem?

Cheers, Henry