Problems authenticating with a Cisco ASA 5510

Josip Rodin joy at entuzijast.net
Tue Jun 15 21:29:46 CEST 2010

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 09:46:59AM -0500, Daniel Davidson wrote:
> Doing some more digging, it seems like the wireless clients being caught
> by eap for auth, whereas the ASA is falling through to files, and
> eventually system, which doesnt really do anything.
>
> Anyone know how to make the authenticating go to eap when the ASA
> connects, or show me a better workaround?

If the client doesn't speak EAP, then the server can't force EAP upon them.

The proper answer to your question is probably that you use some back-end
authentication mechanism inside the EAP inner tunnel
(sites-available/inner-tunnel), but you don't use it for the non-EAP
connections (sites-available/default).

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.