Virtual server specific SQL schema.

Stephen Fulton sf at lists.esoteric.ca
Tue Jun 15 21:35:49 CEST 2010

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for the suggestion, that's actually my back-up plan.  The key issue is
that a single MySQL server will be used, and peak-load on that server can be
quite high.  By creating multiple instances, I cannot scale the maximum number
of sockets high enough meet the requirements.  Perhaps on missing something with
regard to MySQL optimization, but during testing I found increasing the maximum
number of sockets was necessary to meet the performance requirements.

-- Stephen