Help connecting to remote ldap server

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Sat Jun 26 01:57:57 CEST 2010

On 06/25/2010 06:54 PM, Raymond Norton wrote:
> Got things working (yeah!)
>
> Had to reset the users password with ldappassword. For some reason
> freeradius couldn't read what was exported to the ldif file. Once I
> changed passwords  with ldappassword, radtest and WPA worked perfectly.
>
> Also had to comment out this line in /etc/ldap/slapd.conf:
>
> #access to attrs=userPassword

That's very scary. You really want passwords protected by an ACL,
otherwise they're available to the world.

This link gives some examples on ACL protection of the userPassword
attribute, I'm sure there is other documentation.

http://www.zytrax.com/books/ldap/ch6/

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?