LDAP groups and attributes

Jethro Carr jethro.carr at jethrocarr.com
Thu Mar 4 05:19:50 CET 2010

On Mon, 2010-03-01 at 17:42 -0500, John Dennis wrote:
> If I understand correctly what you would like to do then check out
> "profiles" in the ldap_howto.txt. A profile is a way to associate a set
> of attributes (e.g. the profile) with a user.

thanks John, Robert and off-listers,

Looking at the ldap_howto.txt file and the responses I've had it seems
that I need to:

1. Define groups/profiles in LDAP

2. Set attributes for the users stating which groups they belong to, eg
using the radiusGroupName LDAP attribute.

3. Map the groups to NASes using huntgroups or users file.

Going to give it a try and will post back with how I get on. Thanks for
the help guys. :-)

> > thanks in advance for any help! :-)
> >
> > FreeRadius version is 1.1.3 (RHEL 5 build) if that's important.
>
> BTW, you can find a current 2.1.8 build for RHEL 5 by visiting
> http://wiki.freeradius.org/RedHat_FAQ

Thanks, but FYI, that page is blank.

regards,
jethro