Issue with radmin command

Abhilash Shastry -X (abshastr - Infosys at Cisco) abshastr at cisco.com
Thu Mar 11 10:49:03 CET 2010

Hi all,

I am not able to use the "set" or "add" command when using radmin. Could you
please provide me a pointer on the same.
This is the error which i am getting.

radmin> add help
ERROR: You do not have write permission.  See "mode = rw" in
/usr/local/var/run/radiusd/radiusd.sock
radmin> help
add <command> - do sub-command of add
debug <command> - debugging commands
hup [module] - sends a HUP signal to the server, or optionally to one module
inject <command> - commands to inject packets into a running server
reconnect - reconnect to a running server
terminate - terminates the server, and cause it to exit
set <command> - do sub-command of set
show <command> - do sub-command of show
stats <command> - do sub-command of stats
radmin> terminate

This is the output from radiusd -X command

Finished request 2.
Going to the next request
Waking up in 4.9 seconds.
radmin> stats client 10.89.149.204
Waking up in 0.6 seconds.
Cleaning up request 2 ID 77 with timestamp +667
Ready to process requests.
radmin> stats client auth
Ready to process requests