ldap authenticate object not found

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Thu Mar 11 18:26:53 CET 2010

On 03/11/2010 12:02 PM, omega bk wrote:
> hello
>
> i got my user "bernard" on my openldap database.
> see my ldapserch:
> radtest:# ldapsearch -x -b "dc=example,dc=com" uid=bernard
>    [ldap] performing search in ou=users,ou=radius,dc=example,dc=com,
> with filter (uid=bernard)
>    [ldap] object not found

They're not the same dn (and not a sub tree either).

That's pretty obvious isn't it? Please try and figure the simple stuff
out on your own before you ask others to help you, fair enough?

Since the rlm_ldap is searching in ou=users,ou=radius,dc=example,dc=com
and that's not where your users are located then one should ask the
question why is it looking there? A quick look at the very debug output
you posted shows the basedn is set to this. So fix the basedn so it
matches where your users are actually located. You should be able to
figure this out on your own.

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?